ELTRAN THE COMPILER ANY DOCS? (NOT THE SEMICONDUCTOR STUFF!)))

Sean Conner spc at conman.org
Sun Jan 13 13:47:48 CST 2019

It was thus said that the Great John Ball via cctalk once stated:
> >ELTRAN THE COMPILER
> >ANY DOCS? ANY ONE? USED IT?
> >(NOT THE SEMICONDUCTOR STUFF!))
> >
> >ED#
>
> Hey ed, you might want to check your Caps Lock key there, bud. ;)

  My dad used to do that.  At the time, I thought it was because AOL (where
he checked email) automatically upper cased all emails.  A few years ago he
got a new computer, a Chromebook, and he immediately bitched that he
couldn't send out emails in all caps.

What?

  Yup.  He did it intentionally because, as he said, most of his friends
were hard of seeing, and by using ALL CAPS the letters were bigger and thus,
easier to read.  But the new Chromebook removed the CAPSLOCK key.

  The fact that most email clients [1] could use a larger font was lost on
him.

  -spc

[1]	Unless you are using a physical terminal or running a PC in text
	mode only.