Bogus "account hacked" message

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Jan 9 00:21:40 CST 2019

On 1/8/19 9:15 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk wrote:

> "Windows Technical Department"
> "Windows Company"  !!?!

I used to get one of those calls every few days, but I'm using a
screening service, so I haven't gotten one in months.

Too bad!  I used to have a lot of fun playing dumb.  "Vindows" key?
Where is that (I'm using an IBM Model M)?  Now, go to your start menu
and select "Run program".   Huh?  What do you mean "start menu"?  (I'm
running Linux) I have several more computers, would you like me to try them?

Sometimes I could tie the scammer up for 15-20 minutes before he'd hang
up, very often after uttering an obscenity.

--Chuck