Microcode, which is a no-go for modern designs

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:00:51 CST 2019

To Tell you the truth, I can't think of anything other than speed of calculating that should be done in floating point. The speed is because we've determined to waste silicon for floating point when we should really be using combined operation in integer that are designed to handle multiple arrays( and matices ), addition, multiplication and scaling as single instructions. If we had these operations, there would be little need for floating point. These would also do delayed operations that would wait for combining thing until the results were actually needed. This way things that the scaling wouldn't make sense could hold off until combining them actually made sense.
Of course, making floating point a decimal operation is silly.
Dwight