OT? Upper limits of FSB

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Tue Jan 8 16:51:51 CST 2019

Some architectures (I’m thinking of the latest Intel CPUs) have a small loop cache
whose aim is to keep a loop entirely within that cache.  That cache operates at the
full speed of the instruction fetch/execute (actually I think it keeps the decoded uOps)
cycles (e.g. you can’t go faster).  L1 caches impose a penalty and of course there is
the instruction decode time as well both of which are avoided.

TTFN - Guy