off topic - capatob - saratov2 computer Russsian pdp8? HELP

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Sun Jan 6 12:25:53 CST 2019

I think it’s also telling that the IETF uses the term octet in all of the specifications to
refer to 8-bit sized data.  As “byte” (from older machines) could be anything and is
thus somewhat ambiguous.

It *may* have been the IBM 360 that started the trend of Byte == 8-bits as the 360’s
memory (in IBM’s terms) was byte addressable and the instructions for accessing
them were “byte” instructions (as opposed to half-word and word instructions).

TTFN - Guy