uc04 + scsi2sd ?

Josh Dersch derschjo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 22:41:21 CST 2019

On 1/5/2019 7:55 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:

> On 1/5/19 2:46 PM, Jacob Ritorto via cctalk wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>    Anyone know whether the Emulex UC04 works with the sd2scsi?
> Nope. This card expects pre common command set disks with non-embedded
> scsi adapters.
>
> In a bad old days, you had to configure the scsi drive adapters
> with disk geometry before you could use them, and the UC04
> does that for adapters like the Adaptec 4000.

Al's right; I'll add two things:

1) I've used a SCSI2SD in other systems that formerly used an Adaptec
4000/5000 controller with some success, but I was only ever able to get
a single drive to work at a time; you may have similar luck with the
SCSI2SD if you configure it just right.

2) The SCSI2SD does currently have support for emulating some of these
early controllers/bridges, but the Adaptecs aren't on the list yet --
however the SCSI2SD's creator has been open to feature requests in the
past, and might be able to add support, and documentation for the
Adaptect boards is readily available.  (And the SCSI2SD firmware's open
as well, so you can hack it in yourself if you have the time, etc.)

- Josh