On Scanning

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 1 03:29:42 CST 2019

This may be a good place to mention a text I began writing some while ago:

On Scanning.
  http://everist.org/temp/__On_scanning.htm

Meant to be a 'how to' about scanning and post-processing techniques, written as I
explored that myself. It's not finished because I was working on a solution to the
'screened images with overlaid sharp text' post-processing problem, when sidetracked.
As often happens with me. Also that project diverged into the whole text encoding
thing. Which I can't discuss, but I *can* discuss scanning issues.

Anyway, any comments, corrections and suggestions for extra material are welcome.

Oh, and those with an interest in Apple history may find this amusing:
  http://everist.org/NobLog/20181001_missing_wave.htm

Guy