wanted back issues IEEE ANNALS OF THE HISTORY OF COMPUTING bound or unbound... dtop us a line off list please.

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 1 03:16:16 CST 2019

At 09:44 AM 31/12/2018 -0800, you wrote:

>On 12/30/18 5:04 PM, Paul Koning wrote:
>
>> It might be helpful to state the policy (or choice, if any) explicitly so people know what to expect.
>>

>I will return documents if requested.
>
>Originals may or may not be donated to CHM for archiving, depending on
>if they are duplicative or are of duplicative scope.
>
>I do not archive any paper myself.
>
>Currently, I am being asked to reduce my backlog inside of Shustek
>and am making some hard choices.

Hopefully those hard choices don't involve dumpstering anything?

Would they be less hard, if you mentioned here what your storage difficulties
involve, and asked if anyone could help with that? Pretty sure you'd find
willing helpers. Who love silverfish.
Don't be like ManualsPlus: "Oh my gosh we have 300,000 manuals and one week
before they have to go to the bin. Err, maybe we should ask for help now."

Reading between your lines above, I gather that once you've scanned manuals,
if CHM don't want them and the donor didn't ask for their return, they are disposed of?

Respectfully, I suggest there are better alternatives. Such as offering them for
sale or giveaway. And that you could probably find volunteers to provide all
the required work and temporary storage.

Btw, the Documation TM200 punch card reader manual I'm seeking and you may have,
hasn't turned up at http://bitsavers.org/pdf/documation/
so presumably is still in your backlog. If you happen to see it, that's ONE
hard choice I can definitely solve for you. Being on the other side of the
globe means I unfortunately can't be much help with bulk material storage.
Much as I'd like to.

Guy