Ordering parts onesie twosie (was: One of Bay Area's last Fry's Electronics stores closes)

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Tue Dec 31 16:43:59 CST 2019

> I ordered two from Mouser this week.
>
> alan

And paid in much in S&H (if not more) to buy the two from Mouser then it would have cost to get 50 from China... ;)

Honestly, if this is your livelihood and it has to be here fast Mouser (or digikeys or any of the other guys) works. Or if you are doing a big order so the cost of the items vs. shipping balances out that’s fine too. But when I need two caps for $0.20 and have to pay $7.95 for S&H to repair a hobby item I rather wait for it to come from China and just get a bunch of extra.

I would, however, gladly drive out to a local store and pay $3-4 to pick up the same two caps NOW (and peruse for some nonessentials since I am already there ;)). Just me I guess...