Tap, tap, tap, is this working???

crufta cat ucespamdump at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 11:53:19 CST 2019

Simple I unsubed the old address and did a fresh subscription for a new one.

Why I did that is more interesting.

I have had issues with spam for a while and it was getting seriously worst
for the last year.
So I started shutting down any lists I had signed up for and this
(cctalk/cctech) was the last.
For a long while I thought it was yahoo groups but when they went away
there was no drop.
So I unsubed from here and it stopped, hard.

I believe there is a someone or something that is subscribed to the list
and scrape it for active
names. and emails.  I have no idea what the specific how it is done but it
is a trivial coding
task to extract emails for sale as known active.  It was not coming though
the list but from
bots most likely and used list members names to obscure being
spam/uce//malware.
IT would nto take much to create a subscription and have that go to some
automation
to capture information.  The question is how many listen only members are
there that
have never ever posted a comment?

This account is used only for this list.  If it gets spamed  then I know
its from and outlet
somewhere on the list but not majordomo and I have it cornered in a single
use account
I can ignore or destroy at a moments notice.

Allison