P112

Hector Peraza peraza at newsguy.com
Fri Dec 13 05:14:27 CST 2019

On 12/2/19 6:10 PM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
 > It starts out with no partitions and claims the partition table
 > is not a valid P112 table. The "w" command fixes that but the
 > table is still empty. Interestingly enough, a 64M CF in an IDE
 > adapter works with FDISK. but then when I try to "INIT" it under
 > RSX180 it prints a stream of garbage on the screen and does nothing
 > to the disk/CF.

You found a bug in the INIt program: it was supposed to output an error
message saying that the partition is bigger than 32M and then exit,
but some reason the address of the message went to the wrong register
pair, and I never tested for that case. I've uploaded a fix, as well as
new floppy images.

Note also that FDISK is a rather old program, and as such will not
work properly with modern drives larger than 256Mb, and it doesn't
do LBA either (time to write a new version?).

Hector.