PBX (or something) for modem testing

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Dec 4 20:28:47 CST 2019

On 12/4/19 7:01 PM, Chris Osborn via cctalk wrote:
> https://www.insentricity.com/a.cl/230/using-modems-without-phone-lines

Thank you for the link to the write up.

I'm glad to learn that you're getting close to the 33.6, what I
understand to be the pure analog maximum.

I guess that since you're using the TDM400P, you aren't using a VoIP
protocol (SIP / IAX / SCCP / MGCP / etc.) between your FXS ports.  But
you are using SIP as your external DID.

I don't see any information about a dial plan.

What sort of numbers are you dialing between your FXS ports?

How many digits are they?

Do you have to dial a 9, or any other digit, to make an outside call? Or
are you determining this by the number that you're calling or number of
digits therein?

I've often wondered about doing this myself for reasons.  So I'm quite
curious what sort of experience others have in doing it, as well as
technical details.

Also, I'm glad to find your blog.  I follow you on Twitter and will add
your blog to my RSS reader.  :-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die