DECpc 425SE

Antonio Carlini a.carlini at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 4 16:46:56 CST 2019

I'm working on a DECpc 425SE right now and I've not been able to find
any useful documentation.

The laptop seems to work but has a BIOS password set. I suspect that if
I remove the button cell then it will forget the password (or at least
that's my hope).

The main battery comes out. There's no sign of leakage. It's a SANYO
8HR-4/3A (510295-001).

The button cell looks very much like it is soldered in. It's
approximately 12mm in diameter. I've read numerous warnings not to go to
near a button cell with a soldering iron so I'm not really keen to do
that, especially as I don't know for sure that it will fix the problem.

I've looked for a password reset jumper of pads but I can't see one.

I think someone has been here before me as the four screws that hold the
two halves of the unit together are all missing.

Any hints welcome.

Thanks

Antonio

--