P112 [Don Maslin Archive]

David Griffith dave at 661.org
Sun Dec 1 13:08:19 CST 2019

On December 1, 2019 9:52:03 AM PST, jim stephens via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

>On 12/1/2019 8:19 AM, Peter Coghlan via cctalk wrote:

>> [snip]
>>

>>> Links.txt
>>>

>> [snip]
>>
>>> http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm
>>>      Daves Old Computers - Disk/Software Images. Boot disks for lots
>>>      of different vintage computers are here. It's not nearly the
>>>      size of Don Maslin's lost archive, but it's a start.
>>>

>> I don't keep up with CP/M etc but I thought I recall it being
>> announced that Don Maslin's lost archive had been recovered?
>>
>Here's the archive
>
>http://www.retroarchive.org/maslin/
>
>P112 I think is way newer than anything related though.

Correct.

On the 8" drive question, I haven't done it myself, but I've received reports from people who've successfully used them with the P112.  It involves pretending they're HD 5.25" drives and using a hardware shim to deliver more current when writing to tracks greater than X.  I don't recall the specifics though.

BTW, I'm the one who's been selling them since Dave Brookes stopped doing so.  I'm out of boards again and probably won't be doing any more runs with surface-mounts preinstalled on account of the difficulty of finding large quantities of new and pristine super-IO chips.  I might do a new run of naked boards.
--
David Griffith
dave at 661.org