TRS-80 Fireworks

Marvin Johnston marvin at west.net
Wed Aug 28 09:10:33 CDT 2019

Almost all of my Model 100s (around 8 or so) need to have all of the
electrolytics replaced. For some reason, they started leaking and
causing a problem with desoldering the bad parts. Upon close
examination, the leaking caps can be detected relatively easily. Some
information I saw somewhere indicated that the Chinese caps are the
worst offenders... they stole the formula but apparently "modified" it
slightly ending up with future problems.

Some of this information falls into the "I don't know what I don't know"
catagory. Nice having the tremendous volume of knowledge here to help out!

Marvin