Shipping from Europe to USA

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Sun Aug 25 12:55:08 CDT 2019

> On Aug 25, 2019, at 2:05 AM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
>> From: Jon Elson
>
>> I have NEVER had even the SLIGHTEST damage with FedEx, even their
>> ground service. This could just be statistical chance
>
> This. I once had FexEx Ground destroy the entire packaging of a shipment (one
> of those rigid plastic tubs, sealed closed with those tension tapes) so badly
> they had to build entirely new packaging for it.
>
> Assume _all_ shippers will throw your item across the room, and pack
> accordingly - because they will.

I have found that if the item is packed *appropriately* in a crate and then put
on a pallet it receives much gentler handling than something that’s been stuffed
in a cardboard box.

It all comes down to what is the item worth to *you*.  Yes, doing what I proposed
will cost more in shipping but what is that cost relative to the value (to you) of the
item and the difficulty in replacing it?

TTFN - Guy