Pinout for current loop interface

Charles charlesmorris800 at centurytel.net
Sat Aug 17 11:14:09 CDT 2019

>I've never heard of people using DB25 for 20mA, at least historically,
contemporaneous with its widespread actual use. E.g. DEC universally used
'flat' 8-pin Mate-n-Lok connectors for 20mA serial connections.

Thanks for the comments... I asked mostly because the ADM-3A has both RS-232
and current loop interfaces built-in (on the same female DB-25), selected by
one of the
DIP switches.

I just hate having to make a custom cable for every terminal and computer I
own or work with ;)

-Charles

---