Google site ordering (Was: Archiving information)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Aug 16 09:58:35 CDT 2019

    > From: Christian Corti

    >> An additional issue, I think, is that Google is deprecating sites that
    >> use HTTP, versus HTTPS.

    > Not true, in contrary, Google even crawls through FTP sites :-)

I did say "deprecate", not 'ignore totally'! :-)

Here's what I know: An e-commerce site where I do a lot of business announced
that they would switch to using HTTPS. I grumped, because I'd have to use a
browser I don't like as much. The owner wrote back as follows:

  "next month Google will begin to demote all websites that are not https
  secure"

I assume he knew what he was talking about (via his Web-site engineering
people). I suppose I could research it, but I don't have the time right
at the moment. I'd love to hear if anyone else knows more.

	Noel