Electr* Engineering

Lee Courtney leec2124 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:57:26 CDT 2019

in the late 1960s and up thru 1979 UTexas at Arlington Computer Science
initially only offered a Masters, and was housed in Industrial Engineering.
If you wanted an undergrad degree in "computing" you went thru the math
department and got a BA or BS in mathematics with an emphasis in computing.
I took a *lot* of CS classes and a couple EE tclasses to build my own CS
curriculum on top of my BS-Math.

In 1979 when I graduated I could have gotten one of the first BS in
Computer Science and Engineering instead of Math. But, I just stoop to
taking a 3-unit class for a semester in mechanical drawing which was
madnatory for engineering degrees at that time. Has never been a problem,
and I enjoyed my math classes.

Lee Courtney

Lee Courtney

--