Control Data Cyber 960 available

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 18:42:24 CDT 2019

I just received a pile of goodies from BT Federal, the last remaining
bit of Control Data. Part of the goodies included a complete set of
spare CPU boards for a Cyber 960. This means my extra Cy960 is surplus
to my needs - I bought it strictly as a source of spare parts.

So it needs to go. The world is not all DEC and IBM. Play around with
machine that has Seymour's fingerprints all over it. This is an
ex-Florida Light and Power box.

Mind you, this is a serious machine. It sucks a lot of power, and
weighs a lot. 5000 pounds total in three cabinets. Completely over
engineered. See the cray-cyber guys website for more specs.

This is the CPU only - no disks or tapes, but I could include a DI
with it (sort of a channel attached comms box for connecting
terminals, printers, and networks). I think the cray-cyber guys are
working on getting an emulator working for disk and tape.

Software and docs are very available. No goofy license needed.

Anyway, available pretty much immediately. Located in the Hudson Valley of NY.

Serious machine, so serious inquiries only, please (off list).

--
Will