Alphaservers for free in Athabasca, Alberta

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Mon Aug 5 13:03:42 CDT 2019

On Mon, Aug 5, 2019, at 9:39 AM, Richard Loken via cctalk wrote:
> I have access to 3 ES45s, a DS15, and an RA8000 in a tall blue Compaq rack
> in Athabasca, Alberta.  All the in-service disks were removed but all the
> spares are available.  The box also has the fibre switches used the connect
> the RA8000 to the servers and the cables, much of the paper documentation,
> and assorted doodads.  It would probably work if plugged in but it has been
> a year since it was turned off.

That's a really impressively beefy Alpha setup.

I just did the math, and Athabasca is about a 14 hour drive from here in Seattle. I'm tempted, but... I don't know where I'd put it. I'm clean out of room for a whole rack :(

I do hope someone rescues it. Consider this a *nudge* to the group. If you have space, and means of transport, this is really worth picking up, so please go get it!

-Seth
--
  Seth Morabito
  Poulsbo, WA