Greetings

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sun Apr 28 19:15:19 CDT 2019

On 4/28/19 3:55 PM, Ray Jewhurst via cctalk wrote:
> I am new to the list and would like to introduce myself. I
> am a computer history buff who especially likes DEC machines.

Welcome.

> I unfortunately don't own any hardware but I use Simh on a daily
> basis. I would like to start off with a question. I see that Bitsavers
> has a copy of VMS 1.5 and wanted to know if anyone got it working
> with the Vax 780 simulator?

I've not messed with VMS 1.5 on anything.  But I have gotten OpenVMS 7.3
(memory?) to work in Simh quite happily.

If you join a DECUS (?) user group, you can legally get a hobbyist
license to run the latest VAX / Alpha OpenVMS on multiple systems for
free.  Seeing as how easy it is to do, I encourage people to legally
obtain licenses and download install media (images) from HPE directly.

IMHO the OpenVMS hobbyist program is very nice and we want to keep it
around.

> I hope to learn a lot from this group.

I know I have.  I bet that most people can.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die