helping to clean out an estate - a lot of CRAY

Paul Anderson useddec at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 01:01:13 CDT 2018

Here is the update:

When I returned from VCFMW, I took my time emptying my minivan. It was
mostly empty empty when I learned of my friends death. A mutual friend put
me in touch with his brother because I was interested in some photography
equipment he had talked about selling me earlier.

When I got there and he found out I was into computers, I offered to buy
items from him. I have removed  THREE vans loads, and I probably have THREE
MORE to go. I sort (computer/non-computer) and load all afternoon, unload
and sort all night. I have sorted boxes of CRAY, all kinds of conference
and trade show material, monthly, quarterly, etc periodicals, and 10 or so
boxes fill of memos, research papers, sales literature, benchmarks, and
grant proposals. There are papers, etc. there from most major universities,
government agencies including Aragon natl labs, Los Alomos, CERN, ETC.

Basically, it could take months to go through everything. I would like to
got the CRAY items that I have found so far ( I look through all the boxes,
but might have missed some) which are now about 40 three ring binders and 4
boxes of packets and small items first. Also the periodicals that are
sorted would be nice to get out of my way. The more you want, the quicker I
can get it processed. Smaller lots might take longer.  Feel free to ask
questions or make requests. I'm sorting as quickly as I can.

I appreciate the multiple offers to digitize the tapes. I will try to get
back to everyone next week.  Maybe split the load? Looking for ideas here.
My only rule is both museums get a copy and post it for public use. I do
have a few requests for some of the original tapes.

Thanks, Paul