Advice requested on proper disposal of Seagate ST3000DM001 disk drives

Wayne S wayne.sudol at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 21 00:27:51 CDT 2018

Be aware that a cheap way of making fairly pure oxygen is just by heating up manganese dioxide, which will cause anything that is a like a flame to burn much hotter. I remember doing an experiment in grade school where you heat up a tablespoonfull of MD in a test tube with an  alcohol burner or (even a match under the tube), then slowly insert a popsicle stick with a glowing ember (you light the stick with a match then blow it out to get the glowing ember). The result is that the stick bursts into flame rather violently.

Just saying "BE CAREFUL".

Wayne