Looking for two DEC H445 power bricks for PDP 11/40 project

P Gebhardt p.gebhardt at ymail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:59:19 CDT 2018

 >Am Dienstag, 18. September 2018, 16:27:49 MESZ hat Noel Chiappa <jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu> Folgendes >geschrieben:
>

>    > From: Pierre Gebhardt
>
>    > As I don't have core memory modules available, I thought of using MS11
>    > memory, which, according to my research, seems to be an option for
>    > 11/40 systems.
>
>Err, which kind of MS11? There are lots of different ones:
>
>  http://gunkies.org/wiki/MS11
>
>and they don't all work in every UNIBUS PDP-11!
>
>Your options are the -E/-J group, and the -L, but the latter are a bit hard
>to find, and expensive. (There may be non-DEC equivalents, but I don't know
>about them.) They all need a MUD backplane such as the DD11-C or DD11-D.

Indeed, these are MS11-LB boards, but I don't know yet, if they work. Got them a long time ago with a bunch of other untested unibus boards. With the BA11-F enclosure actually came a DD11-DK backplane.
On Henk's website, I saw that one of his systems also has a DD11-DK backplane mounted in it despite the shorter
cable lengths compared to a DD11-DF according to what Paul Anderson wrote.
I will have a look at this as soon as I have time and will extend the cables accordingly, if required.

Thanks a lot for all the great hints provided so far by the list member :)
All the best,
Pierre