Portable terminals

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Sep 9 15:40:19 CDT 2018

Portable?

I've got a Micon terminal here that probably was about the smallest
practical terminal made in the 1970s. LED display (15 segment, I think),
31 key keyboard (numbers and punctuation are entered with the shift key.
 Basically, 26 alphabetic keys, space, shift, shift lock, control and
clear keys.  Uppercase only.  Line cord and DB-25F connector.

Basically, an ASCII version of the Micon TDD terminals.

Built mostly of 4000-series SSI CMOS and some random discretes.

Anyone want to make an offer?  It had been working at one time, but the
CMOS ICs seem to be going one by one to the great sandpile.

--Chuck