VT100's

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 08:33:24 CDT 2018

On Thu, Sep 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM, Carlo Pisani via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I am building my own VT100 terminal (FPGA project), and it will be
> laptop-shape :P

Trend Data System (the company that made some very nice paper tape readers
made/sold such a terminal many years ago. There were at least 2 versions, one
did 5 bit ('Baudot', 'Murray' (although it's actually neither),
ITA2..), the other was
a VT100-a-like. The display was LCD which could be folded over the keyboard
when not in use. It needed an external 12V supply (I don't think there was
ever an internal battery version).

It was very close to a real VT100, even the setup options were identical.

-tony