VT100's

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Sep 6 15:20:47 CDT 2018

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 4:06 PM, Al Kossow via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> On 9/6/18 12:42 PM, William Donzelli via cctalk wrote:
>> It shows up in some of the DECdirectories (as do a lot of oddball VTs).
>>

> Like the VT62 'TRAX' terminal.

I know that one did get built, though probably not shipped much since TRAX was dead on arrival.  But its close relative, the VT61/t, did ship in significant numbers for Typeset-11 as the terminal for classified advertising entry and low end text entry.  It looks like a VT52 on the outside, but inside are a whole pile of boards, all single-sided etch with many hundreds of jumpers to compensate for not being two-sided.  Not cheap, presumably, but still cheaper than the VT71 with its LSI-11 and (character-mode) display processor, very roughly a text-only GT40.

	paul