VT100's

Tapley, Mark mtapley at swri.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:16:47 CDT 2018

> On Sep 6, 2018, at 10:34 AM, Zane Healy via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> Personally I prefer the VT420’s, though I’d love a VT340/340+ or VT525.

	I have more desire to own systems to play on than I have space or time.
	Addressing the former, I have to say my favorite VT-100-alike is a Rainbow. One box (plus monitor plus the dreaded LK-201), three functions in the collection: VT-100 emulation (not perfect but not bad), CPM-80/86 (is that one or two functions?), MS-DOS 3.11b.
	Having a Rainbow has pretty much forestalled any desire to get a “real” VT-100 for me.
	FWIW, mine is reasonably well-equipped, with the graphics card (and ReGIS for graphics terminal emulation if I run kermit) and a VR-241 color monitor.
									- Mark