HP-2250 in Salt Lake City

Curious Marc curiousmarc3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 23:44:01 CDT 2018

It's an HP-IB controlled data acquisition box for large real time industrial test or automation control installations. Very specialized. Think measuring or outputting 100's of analog signals in real time. Most likely meant to be connected to a HP 1000 series computer running the RTE real time operating system. HP's core test and measurement business, and the reason they went into computers at first. This real time measurement and control capabilities could not be matched by other minis or later PCs running Windows for a very long time, and the antiquated series 1000 lasted a lot longer than you'd have thought, mostly in industrial environments.
Marc