Desktop Metaphor

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Mon Oct 29 21:01:53 CDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 01:14:32AM +0000, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:

> On 10/29/18 8:59 PM, Tomasz Rola via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> > and there are packages for dosbox, qemu and simhm albeit I cannot say
> > if versions are acceptable. The rest could perhaps be compiled from
> > source?
> >
> I use SIMH a lot.  I never rely on the prebuilt stuff on any of the
> BSD's or Linux.  They always tend to be several releases back.

Yes, this is how I abuse Lisp environments. But I do not shy away from
having prebuilts as done by package maintainers - they know their shit
and I can have something which should work. I then use a mix of sh
snippets to start shell with proper combination of paths to use one
built by me or just normal shell to have the default, just in case I
screw up.

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola