Desktop Metaphor

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Mon Oct 29 19:59:36 CDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 05:43:37PM +0100, Holm Tiffe via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> For mission critical stuff this may be ok, but what's the
> advantage for the desktop if you can't even run Virtualbox or Qemu,
> simh, cpmsim, dosbox and other related stuff?
> The same problem on Dragonfly, Nice File system (Hammer,Hammer2)
> but....

Out of curiosity I have browsed a what is supposedly a mirror of
ports, say, this one:
https://ftp.fr.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/6.4/packages/amd64/

and there are packages for dosbox, qemu and simhm albeit I cannot say
if versions are acceptable. The rest could perhaps be compiled from
source?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola