Selling keyboards without the terminal

ED SHARPE couryhouse at aol.com
Tue Oct 23 15:07:06 CDT 2018

I like  my   xps. I  do not  make  grocery lists on it  I  edit  news  video  with it...   for  video editing faster is better and  what  I  really  want is  not  yet   fast  enough!

speaking of   video and  keyboards and computers...

I  need  an AMIGA  keyboard  to go with  the  Amiga  with video toaster one of  our cable  TV  friends   contributed for a  display here...  the  enigma  now is  which  display to put it in?  computers or   video production and television?   Think I  will put it in  video production   as  what  makes it  unique  is the  video toaster  card...

Ed#

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018, ben via cctalk wrote:
> I wonder how many letters got deleated while the mail program's input got
> lost as the fast computer popup windows kept popping up.
> Is just me, but is keyboad input geting slower and slower on web stuff,
> even the old 110 buad tty gave better response running under a PDP/8.

Computer Software Boyle's Law:
extraneous actions, features, ads, etc. will expand to fill all available
space and speed resources.

For example:
Operating system distribution requires a double layer DVD, instead of a
single sided 5.25" floppy.

When you want to type a shopping list, is it quicker on the new machine?
(How long from power cycle on the amazingly fast Dell XPS before Office
gives you a blank document screen?) Does a shopping list need to have
PICTURES of eggs?

10 years ago, at the college, a memo announcing a room or time change for
a meeting was done on Word, printed in color, scanned, and attached to an
email. (I'm not sure WHY, but how else to get a horizontal rule that was
offset by a couple of pixels from one end to the other?) I wonder whether
they have now switched from the same half dozen words now being done with
video and sound?

Grumpy Ol' Fred cisin at xenosoft.com