Desktop Metaphor

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Oct 23 12:47:34 CDT 2018

On 10/23/2018 10:59 AM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
> This is my issue with a lot of Linux distros they seem to try to hard to
> look and work like mac or like windows while I would rather have them
> look and work like the xwindows I knew and loved.  One of my biggest
> aggravations is cut and paste I would very much rather it worked more
> like it used to on X.

I don't know what we're doing differently, but am and have been using
what I know to be standard X11 primary selection buffer with middle
click to paste.

I do periodically use the actual clipboard in combination with the
primary selection buffer so that I can hold two things at once.

I've also started selecting content, copying the primary selection to
the secondary buffer for part of my workflow.

Aside:  Is anyone aware of anything that uses the secondary selection
buffer.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die