Selling keyboards without the terminal

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 09:52:00 CDT 2018

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 at 12:50, Yvan Janssens via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> So, I have built a USB adapter for my 5150’s keyboard. The experience is
> actually quite bad, as stated earlier. The main reason why I still use it
> is because I took it with me from Belgium - it’s a French keyboard, and
> having access to all the special characters makes typing in eg. French,
> German or Spanish so much easier in the odd cases I have to.

I use a Compose key. Built in to Linux, easy to add to Windows.

Thus my UK-layout IBM Model M has every international character it's
possible to type. I can type à la Français as easily as I can v
čestina, tady v Křižíkova.

> For my main daily driver I just use a Unicomp PC5250. Like others said, new
> keyboards based on the original mechanisms perform so much better.

Tried one (belonging to list member Peter Corlett).

I find the original Real Thing™ _far_ better than the modern
reproductions. I think he will agree with me.