OTsorta : Old phone system(s) avail

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Wed Oct 17 10:54:04 CDT 2018

Hi Jay,

On 17/10/2018 16:21, Jay West via cctalk wrote:
> I know some of our members are into phones...

I have an idea for a project to reduce my dependency on my phone.  I'm
trying to move to a model where voice, voicemail, and SMS are all that I
need when I'm on the go.  SMS would be used as an interface to control
various simple Internet-like functionalities.

> I am tossing the following in a skip to go to a recycler. I'd rather not
> ship the units, but am willing to pull any boards if someone needs them.
>

> Toshiba Strata DX
>
> Toshiba CIX200
>
> Toshiba CIX40

I'm still looking into whether these devices will help me.  I'm at the
point of figuring out what the unknown unknowns are, as I'm new to
telephony.

Where are you located?  I am in London, UK.  I'm aware that due to the
likelihood of shipping there's a good chance this won't work out.

Kind regards,

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9