DG/UX install media

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Thu Oct 11 18:17:24 CDT 2018

On 10/11/2018 2:33 AM, Torfinn Ingolfsen via cctalk wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:06 PM alan--- via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org>  wrote:
>
>>    However I have not been able to read the ISO images - as they don't
>> appear to have the proper magic/headers for ISO.   Can anyone else work
>> their file-type-foo on them and give me any hints?
>>
> One of them is ISO:
> [tingo at kg-elitebook ISOs]$ file *[iIsSoO]
> C2 Trusted DGUX Option Rev 5.4R3.00T.iso: data
> DGUX 5.4R3.00.ISO:                        data
> DGUX 5.4R3.10 Documentation.iso:          ISO 9660 CD-ROM filesystem
> data 'DOCUMENTATION_CDROM'
> DGUX 5.4R3-R3.10.MU01.ISO:                data
>
> Maybe they are just dumps? In whatever format  DG/UX expects
> There could be hints on the documentation ISO.
> Unfortunately, the files on the documentation ISO is in "WorldView"
> format (aka "printerleaf") and a converter (pl2ps) can't be easily
> found.
> But - iview for Windows (NT) is on the ISO, maybe it will run under WINE?
> --
> Regards,
> Torfinn Ingolfsen
I looked at the three "data" ISOs, and there is something going on which
appears to be a 512 byte related relation.

Also two of them have a reference to bad blocks, which are probably not
related to cdroms.

Someone else suggested these were dumps of hard drives or such, which
seems very likely.
Not surprising that they are not making sense as an ISO image.

thanks
jim