Text encoding Babel. Was Re: George Keremedjiev

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 05:58:59 CST 2018

On Wed, 28 Nov 2018 at 08:05, Fred Cisin via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> He also created the Canon Cat.
>
> His idea of a user interface included that the program should KNOW
> (assume) what the user wanted to do.

One of my heroes.

I've never used a Cat or his other software UIs, but the demos I've
seen are enough to make me wonder at how much we have lost already,
and secondarily, if it would be possible to code up a Raskin-style
editor in Emacs.

It's about the only editor I know that's smart enough and programmable
enough. Unfortunately, I also find it horrible to use and don't know
how to do this.