Windows Accessibility Settings. RE: George Keremedjiev

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Nov 26 16:01:56 CST 2018

On 11/26/2018 02:53 PM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
> Just in case anyone isn't aware, and who gets duplicate characters input
> because they have some un-steadiness, and are using a Windows/10 PC
> (I think 7 as well) there are some options in in the "Ease of Access"
> settings "Filter Keys" settings => "bounce keys" that may help with
> your typing. These set a configurable delay that will ignore repeated
> keypresses for a very short period of time.  The default is 0.5 of
> second but its configurable. You need to enable "Filter Keys" to see the
> "Bounce Keys" option. There is also a "slow keys" option.

I've found that there are a number of features that land under
accessibility / ease of access settings that can make the computer quite
a bit nicer.

So, if you've ever thought that "I don't need anything under
'Accessibility' or 'Ease of Access' settings." you may be missing out.
Go check.

I'm extensively using these assistants for a number of things, not the
least of which is I'm lazy and I want my iPhone to auto-correct scsi to
SCSI, or pppoe to PPPoE, or shruggie to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, or ... to …, or … or
… or....

> I hope this helps, and I am sorry if you knew this already and it
> doesn't ....

I think it's always good to share neat ~> helpful features with others.
Especially if it's done in the positive sense of "this is really cool"
and not negative "oh, you need some help, go look here."

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die