Text encoding Babel. Was Re: George Keremedjiev

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Nov 26 06:45:28 CST 2018

On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 03:06:29PM -0800, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
[...]
> I routinely get Turkish and Greek spam in my mailbox--and I've gotten
> Cyrillic-alphabet stuff as well.

I had started to get slightly paranoid about the fact that there was a sudden
increase in Dutch-language spam and wondered how they had figured out my
physical location. On reflection, it's probably just that I now receive enough
legitimate-ish email that the Bayesian filter has adjusted and no longer
assumes that the correct response to Dutch text is "dat kan niet".