HP-Apollo 9000/425t RAM

Sven Schnelle svens at stackframe.org
Mon Nov 19 15:30:28 CST 2018

On 11/06/2018 07:16 AM, Chris Hanson via cctalk wrote:

> All that said I’m quite surprised MAME doesn’t include HP-Apollo 9000/400 series emulation. The hardware is very similar to the 9000/380, which is supported, and several Apollo DN series systems are also supported…

It's just a matter of time - i've got HP-UX with full VUE now running in
MAME. I've  added emulation of most of the functionality of the 98550A
1280x1024 8bpp card. That makes now a nice virtual HP-UX for playing! :-)

I'm now on the 4xx Systems - got a bootrom from someone which looks like
a 400t Boot ROM - it expects a 68030. As you have a real 4xx, would it
be possible to dump the boot rom + configuration eeprom? If you don't
have the possibilities to dump it physically, it might be possible via
/dev/mem in HP-UX, if someone on the list knows the details on how to
use that special device.

Best regards
Sven