TU58 tape formatter (was Re: rebuilding DC100A cartridges?)

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 12:59:34 CST 2018

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 12:35 PM Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I looked at the firmware disassemblies.  Opcode 10 appears to only
>> point to code (vs NOP) on one version of the firmware
>>
>> https://gitlab.com/NF6X_Retrocomputing/tu58firmware/blob/master/disassembly/23-089e2.asm
>
> Well, yes, that's my disassembly. So now you know about as much about opcode 10 as I do.  :-)

Right.  But I guess what I trying to was was more about me being
surprised that it's only in what may be _older_ firmware (based on the
assumption, which I _think_ is valid, that Firmware part numbers are
ordered by date).

I'm not surprised there's an undocumented opcode.  I'm surprised to
think it's older and was removed.  That's not the usual trend.

-ethan