DEC Alpha Bug Check Crash

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Mon Nov 12 11:22:40 CST 2018

On 11/11/2018 11:36 PM, Douglas Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> This is most likely correct.  I re-installed the OS on a
> different SD card/SCSI2SD device and got a successful
> graphics boot up.  Do SD cards drop bits or go bad?

UGH!  Yes, they can.  It SHOULD cause a device parity error,
but I guess some of their coverage is less than 100%
perfect.  But, there are LOTS of reports of bad SD cards,
cards with dramatically less capacity than stated on the
outside, early failure after just a few hundred writes, lots
of reports of total corruption when power is dropped without
warning, etc.  Just read the horror stories online.

Jon