Did anyone see Vintage Tech Hunters on Discovery Canada yet?

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Fri Nov 9 07:26:20 CST 2018

On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 05:13:20PM -0600, Jason T via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 3:54 PM Pontus Pihlgren via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> > And they walked tight by his VT05 :)
>
> And I'd have told them to keep walking!

:D

> But really, it's a video games/kitchy electronics
> show; they're not hardcore computer collectors.  I
> don't even know what a show about "us" would look
> like.

I'd rather not find out :) It was fun to watch
though, close enough to my interrests to be
entertaining.

> Probably nothing that would fit in 23 minutes
> - it can take me that long just to tell the story
> of how I acquired a single item.

Showing my computers to guests tends to turn in to
storytelling :) If the gueat are into it of course.

> I've always wanted to create an text adventure about computer
> collecting, though.  Seek out rare finds!  Evade goldbugs!  Avoid
> earning the "hoarder" label while still dying with the most toys!

I would play it :)

> > Entertaining show! Even though I suspect some of those "finds" are planted.
>
> That's probably a safe assumption - it's TV, after all.  But I can
> say, in my case, all of the items they bought from me were part of my
> collection.  We may have moved them between rooms of the house to fit
> their narrative, but they were here well before I got involved with
> the show.

Oh, don't doubt that.. but the odyssey was to good to
be true I think. Or they had many scouts.

/P