old DEC stuff

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 13:15:05 CDT 2018

On 05/30/2018 01:55 PM, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>      > From: Dominique Carlier
>
>      > I just regret this incredible rise in prices for collector machines
>      > that, not so long ago, were languishing in wet sheds
>
> Hey, look at the bright side: as a result, they are much less likely to be
> simply recycled as scrap.

I see quite the opposite.  After a while of sitting, taking up valuable
warehouse space with  no one expressing interest in buying them
they are likely to be scrapped as valueless.

> I took great pleasure in telling one seller who'd pulled a board-set,
> and recycled the rest, that the part he'd recycled was worth a lot more
> than the part he'd saved. Hopefully that kind of news gets around.

And the seller probably laughed it off and sent the next batch to the
scrap yard fondly remembering you as some nut.

bill