Modifying microcode

Henk Gooijen henk.gooijen at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 10:49:09 CDT 2018

Van: Noel Chiappa via cctalk<mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Verzonden: woensdag 30 mei 2018 17:17
Aan: cctalk at classiccmp.org<mailto:cctalk at classiccmp.org>
CC: jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu<mailto:jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Onderwerp: Re: Modifying microcode

    > From: Kyle Owen

    > So the same technique would work on the 11/35, then?

Yes, the /35 and /40 are completely identical, except for the number
painted on the inlay on the front console.

(Well, the /35 was often sold in a BA11-K box, and the /40 in a BA11-F, but
that's just physical configuration, and is just a 'usually' - there are
/35's in BA11-F's [for sure], and probably /40's in BA11-K's.)

      Noel

I vaguely remember that there was a difference in the front console
For the BA11-K and the BA11-F configuration. When standing in front
of the console, the two ribbon cables from the front panel are at the
right side for a BA11-K box, and on the left side for the BA11-F box.
Given the location of the CPU boards in both boxes, that makes sense.
I do have an 11/35 in BA11-F box (on the system manual cover this
is indicated as the 21“ model).
I also have an 11/35 in BA11-K box, so yes, both configs exist(ed).

Henk, PA8PDP