Restoring a PC Server 500 P/390

Dave Wade dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:31:54 CDT 2018

Its degraded. There are no spares in the config. It did once rebuild the non-operational drive, but dropped it again very quickly.
IBM recommended running the box from a UPS and never powering it off. I can't really afford the electricity

> Either way, COOL!!!
>
> It sounds like you're doing some good computer archaeology / preservation.

OI think there are plenty of P390 boxes around, and most of the software is available, but its interesting to a Mainframe OS on real hardware.
The Hercules emulator on a modern (Core i3 or Core I5) PC is much faster than the P390.

> --
> Grant. . . .
> unix || die

Dave