Eudora email client source code released

Boris Gimbarzevsky boris at summitclinic.com
Fri May 25 11:56:37 CDT 2018

Thanks for doing this.  I still use Eudora as my primary mail program
and have been doing so since about 1991, first on Mac and then on
Windoze.  Have started using Thunderbird as easier to configure for
new email formats and should probably get up to speed on developments
since popmail format - much easier to do when one has source code to examine.

It works far better than any other email program I've encountered and
absolutely detest M$ outlook which seems to be the default for most
people now, unfortunately.  People now seem unaware of the size of
their emails when they use html for sending a simple email and I use
plain text only and attach files when need to use another
format.  Other nice thing about Eudora is that every attachment needs
to be opened individually and am immune from malicious email
attachments/embedded malware.

Years ago I reverse engineered the mailbox file format enough to be
able to recovere emails when Eudora crashed in the middle of
compacting a mailbox.  Now that have the source code should be able
to get all 27 years of my emails into a single database.  Eudora can
handle large numbers of emails but it gets sluggish and finally
crashes when don't archive mailing lists such as classiccmp and will
be nice to have all the emails from this mailing list available for
searching as one database rather than having to trying to find
scattered archived Eudora mailbox files from decades ago.

Boris Gimbarzevsky