'90s era PC recommendation.

Jon Tabor taborj at obsolete.site
Wed May 9 11:35:41 CDT 2018

On Wed, May 09, 2018 at 03:46:35PM +0100, Michael-John Turner via cctalk wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 10:02:38PM -0600, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:
> > Sadly, I have long had a soft spot for Pentium Pros.  Which probably
> > means that I'll pay through the nose for one some day.
>
> You're not the only one :) I've owned a few over the years, including a
> Dell Optiplex GXpro that was my home firewall for a while and a quad
> Pentium Pro IBM Netfinity 8651. It was loud, but a lovely machine.
>
> Cheers, MJ
> --
> Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/

I love those, too.  I remember purchasing a Micron full-height server
back in the day with a Micronics W6-LI dual PPro board.  Bought it
with a single 180MHz chip, and later upgraded to dual 200MHz chips.

As with all the machines I've sold, I never should have let it go.

---
Jon Tabor
taborj at obsolete.site
http://obsolete.site