Intel 3000 series

Kyle Owen kylevowen at gmail.com
Fri May 4 15:10:53 CDT 2018

On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Eric Smith <spacewar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Signetics also had a microassembler for the 3000 series, "Signetics Micro
> Assembler", also written in FORTRAN, and not compatible with CROMIS.

Well, maybe that'll turn up if CROMIS doesn't.

> If CROMIS doesn't still exist, I'd suggest AMDASM on CP/M. It's on
> Bitsavers. It is a general-purpose metaassembler, not in any way
> specialized for AMD parts (e.g., 2900 series).

I assume it's one of these? http://www.bitsavers.org/bits/AMD/AM29/

Any tips on how to get it running in SimH or the like? I don't see any text
file describing the system or format.

> Some time ago I started working on an AMDASM clone written in Python 3,
> but it's not yet far enough along to be useful.

Sweet! I wonder if there is enough in the way of microcoded stuff that a
microdisassembler wouldn't be handy as well. Does something like that
already exist?

Kyle